Renting a forklift for your industrial setting can be a smart move for a few reasons. It requires much less out-of-pocket, so you can hold on to capital that your company needs for its day-to-day operations. It’s also a great way to use the newest and greatest equipment at all times, and you can always trade forklifts in and out for your company’s varying needs.
However, you might still be wondering if it’s possible to save money on your forklift rental. Luckily, following these tips can help.
1. Rent the Smallest Forklift That You Need
Although you might find the idea of picking out the biggest and greatest forklift, consider what you really need before renting. Many rental companies do charge more for larger forklifts, so if you don’t need a big one, opt for a smaller and more affordable option. Although being able to rent the best of the best is one of the benefits of renting versus buying, it can still get costly if you rent more than what you actually need.
2. Ensure That You Get Your Deposit Back
You will probably have to put down a deposit before you can rent a forklift. It’s important to get your deposit back so that you can save as much money as possible, so make sure that you follow these tips for getting this money back when you return the equipment:
- Document damage or issues before you take the forklift back to your shop. It can help to take pictures of scratches, dents and other damages.
- Make sure the forklift is clean before you return it; otherwise, a cleaning fee could be taken out of your deposit.
- Return the forklift filled with fuel if necessary.
- Follow all restrictions and guidelines on your contract with the equipment rental company.
3. Pay With a Business Credit Card
If you have one, consider paying for your forklift rental with your business credit card. This will help prevent your deposit funds from being held out of your company’s checking account while you’re waiting for it to be returned. Plus, with certain business credit cards, you might earn cash back or other rewards for your company.
Renting a forklift can be a great cost-saving method in itself, but there are ways to save even more. Follow these three tips to enjoy the highest possible savings when renting a forklift for your industrial company’s needs. For more information, contact a company like Bugle Forklift Sales & Rentals Ltd.